As a Cutter Operator, you will be responsible for Cutting sheets printed both digitally and offset. Reading a job jacket and programming the cutters to cut the job while taking other bindery function into account.
About Strata Company:
Strata provides smart marketing solutions to some of the nation’s most respected brands. We leverage and develop emerging technology to help unify the areas of marketing, creative, and production into a streamlined, single workflow. Our wide range of innovative client-driven solutions enable customers to overcome complex marketing and communications challenges.
You can become a valuable part of our collaborative culture that emphasizes respect, trust, and support. If you are an independent, self-motivated thinker interested in making an impact in an environment that is both challenging and motivating, join our team and apply now!
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Main responsibilities would involve cutting, however other small bindery would be required
- Learning and operating machinery as required to perform responsibilities
- Ensure adherence to all documented processes and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
Experience & Qualifications:
- Printing and bindery industry experience required
- Preferred experience with a Polar Cutter
- Good knowledge of folder operation and cutter machine operation set-up practices
- Knowledge of all procedures required to safely operate a guillotine cutting machine and associated finishing equipment
- Must be able to work under deadlines and pressure to meet goals
- Good math skills and knowledge of simple computer operations
- Good listening and communication
- Must be dependable; have the ability to work overtime with little or no notice
- Team-oriented and flexible; goal-oriented; capable of multi-tasking
- Ability to stand and walk continuously through the day
- Ability to bend, stoop, reach and lift up to 50lbs occasionally
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Ability to Commute/Relocate:
Plymouth Meeting, PA 19462: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)