CCM Saves Time and Money on the Back-End While Enhancing Forward-Facing Customer Relations
In this age of the empowered consumer, a laser focus on the customer experience is dominating the agendas of leaders from CEOs to CMOs to CIOs (and, of course CXOs, if your leadership team includes this relatively new role). In fact, in a 2016 Forrester report, 72% of businesses cited improving the customer experience as a top priority.
Top-performing organizations are realizing that customer communications management (CCM) solutions play an integral role in this effort. Consider this finding in a separate report from Forrester: High-quality, consistent and personalized customer communications correlated strongly with brands that most significantly improved their customer experience index ranking.
The implication is clear. To win customers and foster loyalty, brands need to provide a consistent, positive experience at every interaction, across all touch points and channels. So how can CCM software help forward this effort?
A well-designed CCM system provides on-demand access from a single platform to customer information that may traditionally be scattered across business units. Custom CCM solutions can integrate with existing databases, allowing users to seamlessly generate data-driven communications and deliver them across channels including mobile, email, print, SMS and fax – all from one interface.
As a result, customer communications are:
- Personalized and relevant
- Timely and error-free
- Optimized for messaging and cross-offers based on previous interactions
- Delivered via the customer’s preferred channels
- Trustworthy, with the risk of violating any applicable privacy standards removed
CCM Solutions in Action: Better Document Management, Highly Personalized Communication
Consider these three examples of how CCM software can help organizations in various sectors save time and money on the back-end while enhancing forward-facing customer relations.
- Financial Services
- Financial services companies face the daunting task of managing high-volume correspondence subject to regulatory requirements, including statements, invoices, fee disclosures, and other notifications.
- At the same time, financial service customers are demanding a more personal, trust-based relationship with institutions.
- By automating customer correspondence with a custom web-based CCM system, one Fortune 500 Company saw a significant reduction in associated costs, staffing resources, and errors.
- Utility Companies
- To stay competitive as new players enter the market, utility companies need to focus on the customer experience.
- For example, billing statements should be treated as individualized, personal communications. It’s a golden opportunity to inform customers about relevant new programs and services, offers and promotions they’d benefit from, and energy conservation tips specific to their usage.
- CCM systems enable this effort, helping utility companies leap roadblocks posed by legacy systems, siloed customer data, and complex regulatory requirements.
- Customer Service Departments in Nearly Any Industry
- CCM systems can help customer service call centers give callers a far better experience by enabling staff to quickly retrieve customer-specific documents.
- Customer service representatives can greatly reduce hold times for callers, providing immediate answers and relevant cross-offer information, as well as generate personalized documents based on call data.
How Can CCM Help Your Business Transform the Customer Experience?
The use cases above merely scratch the surface of the value a CCM system can bring to organizations facing complex document management and customer correspondence challenges. Strata Company, a Plymouth Meeting, PA-based marketing and technology firm, has designed custom, web-based CCM systems for clients in highly regulated industries including healthcare, finance and insurance. Our powerful CCM solutions boost accuracy and efficiency, ensure regulatory compliance – and drive the customer experience forward.
About Jeff Sammak
As president and founder of Strata Company, Jeff Sammak has been a leader in the advanced integration of marketing, data and emerging technologies for over 20 years. He has a deep understanding of complex business challenges and keen ability to translate them to technology-driven solutions that align to a client’s key strategic business objectives. He attended Monmouth College for Business, Jeff enjoys scuba diving, skiing and spending time with his family.