Marketing Operations Management for Branded Content Customization and On-demand Ordering
Solution speeds turn-time by 50%, simplifies the approvals process, controls costs and enhances brand compliance
What’s on the menu: An important aspect of the MOM platform was the ability to order multiple items at once, like menus, while keeping pricing controls in place.
The Philadelphia-based, award-winning food services company is a leader in the industry. With more than 250,000 employees and clients in 22 countries, it strives to enrich people’s lives through leading-edge food, facility and uniform services.
The company is responsible for creating catering menus for more than 750 corporate locations across the United States – a huge undertaking. Its current process is labor intensive and resource draining, involving continual support on a site-by-site basis. As such, the company needs to be able to respond to local and regional preferences quickly and easily, customizing branding, menu offerings and pricing with a simplified approval process. Challenges included:
- Branding – locations were tasked with co-branding with their client hosts as well as maintaining their own brand standards and program-specific brand identities at the menu item level
- Pricing – pricing variability at the regional and local level needed to be simplified and streamlined
- Approval – the turn-around times and menu order process for over 750 locations had to be reduced while accommodating a hierarchical approval process
- Ease of use – a simple, intuitive, client-branded interface was imperative in promoting user acceptance and maximizing value
Working in tandem with the client, Strata developed a custom, cloud-based Marketing Operations Management (MOM) platform to provide the support and flexibility the food services leader needs…all in one location. Although the core function of the MOM system was creation and management of menus and item pricing, ultimately the solution delivered much more, leveraging technology to solve process and cost management problems on a much larger level.
The one-stop cloud solution is controlled centrally by corporate marketing while delivering a “self-service model” that empowers associates to be more proactive and respond quickly to local needs. That makes sharing data and creative across multiple divisions within the company as simple as a click. Control is maintained between all stakeholders while creating a dynamic online point of connection that’s accessible anytime, anyplace.
Features and functionality include:
- Corporate-approved templates, images and messaging to build menus that adhere to corporate standards and overall brand vision
- Pricing controls that uphold contracts and afford site managers true flexibility
- Simplified and more streamlined approval process for faster, easier production of materials
- Intuitive interface with completely customizable menu and click-to-select menu ordering options, saving time and money
Here’s my card: With the ability to order personalized business cards, team members could make sure their information was never out of reach.
Strata’s Marketing Operations Management platform helped the international food services company reduce costs and speed time to market, while establishing a stronger brand presence and adherence to business standards.
In fact, production turnaround was cut by 50% – all with fewer people. But that’s not all. The custom cloud solution enabled:
- More efficient and cost-effective operations at multiple locations across the country
- Greater implementation of corporate strategies and vision
- Pro-activeness boosted at a local level, thanks to the easy automation of time-consuming tasks
- Increased control over pricing and compliance with brand standards
- Adaptability and flexibility – the scalable, versatile solution allows the client to readily respond to growth and new market challenges
“The folks at Strata deliver outstanding client support,” said the company’s Senior Director of Procurement. “After working with them over the past two years, I know that the recommendations and solutions they helped us craft have been made with our best interests at heart.”
Want To Achieve Similar Results?
We’d be happy to help. Let us know what your goals are and we will collaborate with you to build a solution that fits your organization best. You can contact us via our online form, email info[at]gostrata.com, or call 610-941-6100.